Sunday 28 December 2014

The Hobbit - The Battle of the Five Armies


At the movies last night to see "the most look forward to movie of the year for me", The Battle of the Five Armies, the concluding film of The Hobbit trilogy. I now fear that Christmas will not be the same now another Tolkien saga has come to an end.


We watched the DVD of "The Desolation of Smaug", last weekend, to refresh our memories of what happened last Christmas. The film picked up where we left off with Smaug doing what he does best, being the ultimate pyromaniac, and swiftly moves into a concluding massive battle of smiting the forces of darkness. Great Stuff.

If, like me, you are a fan of these films, you wont need me to tell you what a great film this is to see. I will watch these on DVD again, but if you are that person thinking I can't be bothered to see this on the big screen, go and don't miss out on a great cinematic moment. 

2 comments:

  1. I think the general consensus is they that are all very good films but it helps your blood pressure if you have never read the book, ( like Peter Jackson).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have long ago accepted that the visual arts are quite separate from the written ones, be it Richard Sharpe being played by Sean Bean and his dulcet Sheffield tones, when the character is supposed to have been born and bread in the London slums, or expecting historical accuracy from a Mel Gibson movie. You just have to accept it for what it is, entertainment and resist the urge to shout NO THAT'S NOT RIGHT!!

      Delete